Monday, January 25, 2010

The project is done......almost

I know that you have all been waiting to see the project that we have been working on. We are 99.9% done with it so I figured that I would show you the pictures. The only thing that's left to do is hang stuff on the walls.
So, two Saturdays ago we were about to hang up this really cool jewelry box that Ben got me for Christmas in our bedroom. I was trying to figure out where I wanted to put it and so naturally that got us looking at how plain things were and how mismatched everything was. The really sad part is that I don't have any pictures of what it looked like before but I can try to tell you. The walls were an off white kind of color, maybe a little more beige, and the dresser and two nightstands were off white and then I had a couple of white pieces of furniture in there too. Really, things didn't go together. So we decided to paint the walls green and paint all of the furniture white. The walls were the easy part and we got them done in a day.....then we started the furniture. The plan was to just sand it down a bit and then paint over what was already there. Well, long story short, we ended up having to strip the dresser and two night stands, primer it and then we got to paint it. Here are some pictures of the action.....

This picture gives you a look at all the paint that came off. That's not all of it either, there was a lot on the floor of the garage too. It was a lot more work then we thought it would be.

Almost done now....I'm finally painting it.

Finally, the finished room!!
See this full length mirror? I got that about 3 or 4 years ago from my mom and dad and this is the first time that it's actually been hung on the wall. I LOVE IT!!!
I am so happy with the way it all turned out. We bought some new stuff like matching lamps, and new curtain rod things. We also got new hardware for the dresser and nightstands so they all match. I would really like to put up some black and white pictures and I totally plan on painting my bathroom a lighter shade of the same color. I will post pictures of that when I get to it. Right now I'm a bit wiped from this project but I'm sure it won't be long before I'm ready again.
Whew.....So glad it's done!! Now I'm off to sleep in my newly remodeled room.
'Night all!

5 comments:

Mara said...

Looks beautiful Angie!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice work Ang and Ben! I love the color on the walls and the white furniture/accents brighten up the room. Can't wait to see it.

Mom

Daniel and Cerissa said...

Looks awesome Angie! I can't wait to see it in person :)

Katie said...

Love the color! I love how crisp and clean the dressers look against it. Nice work guys!

Sally Jo said...

It's beautiful Ben and Ang. Never a dull moment at the Abshire's place! Grandma