Saturday, January 16, 2010

My AWESOME kids!

When Ben and I went to bed last night, way too late, we thought to ourselves "how nice would it be to sleep in?" So, we thought we would try something......



We set bowls, spoons, cups and cereal out on the table with this note...



We didn't know if it would work or not but heck, it was worth a shot. At about 7:15 or so I heard them all up and walking around, the pretty soon I heard Jacob say "shh guys, be quiet!" I could also tell that he was filling their glasses with milk and they were all talking, very quietly with no fighting. Next thing I knew it was 9:00 and I was waking up totally rested. I really did wonder what everything was going to look like downstairs and I held my breath as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. To my wonderful surprise, the table had been cleaned off, the cereal had been put away and all of my kids were in the basement playing their DSi's and watching a movie. I honestly thought the day would never come that I would be able to sleep in again but I was wrong and my kids totally stepped up to the challenge of 'letting mom and dad sleep in'.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend so far. We are about to start a big project that I may be able to blog about tomorrow. Check back soon!

1 comment:

Sally Jo said...

Wow. That is so great. You have the best kids in the universe. Tell them I said so. Grandma