Well, she did it!! Just 10 days shy of 10 months and Sarah decided that it was time to WALK!!! All of the boys walked or took their first steps at 10 months so of course she had to keep up with them. No way was she going to let them beat her. She is already getting pretty gutsy, I've caught her trying to walk places on her own. So, I don't think that it will take long before she's really walking everywhere.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
In case you are wondering what Sarah was eating....she has green beans, bananas and string cheese. Not quite Hawaiian pizza but she seemed to be enjoying her dinner.
The movie we watched was..... It was very good, the kids liked it and it didn't have too much "adult" humor. I think sometimes they put too much in kids movies, trying to appeal to the adult audience, but this one was very good. I recommend it. If you are interested, I've got a link on the side bar for Dove Movie reviews. It will tell you exactly what is in the movie. We use it a lot just so we know what we are getting into.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
All of these cousins sure love each other.
Grandma and Grandpa got all of their grandkids matching PJs. Do you know how hard it is to get 6 kids to all look at the camera and smile (good) all at the same time? It was a challenge but I think we did pretty good.
Here they all are on Sunday morning waiting to go upstairs to see if the Easter Bunny left them baskets. Of course he did. I didn't get any good pictures of the baskets (sorry) but it was fun. They all got new beach towels, sun glasses and way too much candy!!
Friday, March 21, 2008
I am so ready for some nice weather. I know snow is really pretty but not today!! I don't ever remember having snow on Easter. I'm sure it's happened but I don't remember it. How are my kids supposed to hunt eggs in the snow? They will stick out like sore thumbs against the white ground. Maybe it will warm up tomorrow and melt. I'm sorry for complaining so much....I should be thankful that I don't have to be out in it and I can just sit in my house and drink my coffee (that I love so much out of my Starbucks mugs that I am so addicted to!!).
I hope that you all have a wonderful day today!! Maybe those of you who have nice weather can soak up a little extra sun for me? Thanks!!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
So I'm supposed to share 10 things about me so here goes...I'll try not to bore you (since most of you are family and very close friends you might know all of this)....
1. My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years but I've known him for 14 years. We "dated" (I was only 15 and couldn't really date yet) when I was 15 and then 6 years later he fell in love with me (it took him a little longer then me).
2. I never thought I would have 4 kids. I wanted 2, 1 boy and 1 girl. Man oh man what I would be missing out. God sure knew what he was doing giving me my four kids.
3. My first car was a 1987 Jeep Wrangler, brown, hard top, half doors. I would love to have another one someday. Good luck fitting myself and 4 little kids in one though.
4. I love coffee of pretty much any kind. I will drink it with creamer or just plain black. I just like it.
5. I am addicted to Starbucks coffee mugs. I have no idea how many I have...hold on...19!! and they are all really cool ones too.
6. I really like to watch TV. I know that it's a waste of time but I like it. My favorite shows...American Idol, Survivor, 24, Lost, The Biggest Loser....I'm sure there's more but that's enough for now.
7. I really would love to have more bloggy friends. I'm pretty new at it but I love it and would love to meet more bloggers.
8. When I was a kid my friends would call my mom Betty Crocker!! She is a great cook and hostess. I would love to be like her some day. I'm sure that I will spend my life trying.
9. It doesn't take much to make me cry. It has gotten worse since kids but I've always cried very easy. My poor husband, doesn't know what to do with me sometimes.
10. I love wine. I didn't used to but about 4 or 5 years ago I really started to enjoy it. My folks, along with my aunt and uncle, are starting a winery and I have really enjoyed learning more about the process of making wine.
Well there it is. I hope I didn't bore you all. It was fun to share all that.
So this is the sad part...I've only got 4 friends that actually blog and Daiquiri got tagged by one of them and then tagged one of them so that leaves one left. Hee Hee. I know it's pretty pathetic but oh well. So I am tagging Kimberly at web.mac.com/kerith8 You better do it Kimberly, it will be fun.
Have a good night everyone!!
She loves her new out fit!! And look, it's fits!!
So of course Sarah can't have ice cream yet but she sure was loving her bananas. She obviously doesn't quite realize what she's missing :)
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Well he did it! At 4 years old (just turned mind you) he rode his bike WITHOUT the training wheels on. It happened very fast. He never fell and he just took off!! I'm telling you, that kid is a natural athlete and it shows when he tries to do stuff like this. It will be very fun this summer for him now that he's off the training wheels. And he was so proud of himself. He just rode and rode, really fast for a long time. At one point he came up to us out of breath. We asked him if he was getting tired and told him that he could stop and take a break. I think he did but it sure wasn't for very long and he was back at it again.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Here is my attempt at being the "cool" mom of the neighborhood. I made popcorn for them while they were out there playing. Ben gives be a bad time but I really do want to be the place where all the kids want to be. We won't tell the kids this but it's just so I can keep an eye on them :)