Friday, January 15, 2010

My new hobby....

Yesterday I showed you a couple of my digital scrapbook pages and today I thought I would show you the rest of what I have done.

First let me tell you a few things. My friend Kimberly is who got me started. If you get a chance stop by her blog and see her pages too....she's done some really neat ones. I was pretty skeptical at first. I thought the pages looked great on the computer but I really wondered what they would look like once they were printed out. I was very surprised at how beautiful they look when they are printed and as soon as I saw a few I realized that it was something that I would like to switch over too. It had been over 3 years since I had done any real scrapbooking the traditional way and I really think it's because of the time. I would dread getting everything out, set up and then cleaned up and that doesn't include that fact that I have four kids that would be trying to "help". With digi scrapbooking you can do just a bit at a time and save wherever you are at and come back to it when you have finish cooking, cleaning, changing diapers and whatever else might take you away. Plus, I can sit on my couch, watch TV with Ben and still scrapbook!

Ben got me Adobe Photoshop Elements for Christmas so that is the program that I am using to do all of this and then Kimberly gave my an online class from http://www.jessicasprague.com/ for Christmas. I would have been totally lost without that class. I have only taken 2 of the 4 classes so I know there is still so much to learn but I am having so much fun and can't wait to do more.

Ok, so now you can look at the pages....

I hope that answered your questions Katy (and whoever else was curious). I would happy to answer more if you have more. I will keep posting more pages as I get them done but for now, that's all I've got!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Even just a post a week would be good for my Abshire fix!! Great to see you at it again! Love it!

Katy said...

Thanks Angie, I'm definately going to look into it! I love your pages!

Sally Jo said...

As soon as this job is done, I'm going to look into this. Looks like something I could get into. Good to have you back. Grandma

The Jernigan Family said...

Cool, how do you print? Just at home or can you send it out so you don't use so much ink? Are they 12x12.

Angie said...

Mia, my plan is to print them out at Costco and I will probably do 12x12 but I've heard the 8x8 is a good size too. They print out like photos (on photo paper) so unless you have a super fancy printer you would need to have it done somewhere.