Sunday, September 27, 2009

Excitment for a Sunday morning...

Well this morning we had a little excitement. We were at church, I was singing this morning and we were practicing, Ben was out in the lobby with all of the kids and a friend of mine came up to me and told me that Ben needed me. I thought "well that's weird, he knows I'm practicing and he never interrupts me" but I went out to see what was going on. As I round the corner I see Zac laying on his back, on the ground, crying, with Ben leaning over him with a rag on his head. Ben looked at me and said "we need to take a trip the to ER!" As a mom, that's that last thing that you want to hear when you have a crying kid. Let's just say that I was not the most calm one in the room. Turns out, he fell and hit the corner of a coffee table and got a HUGE gash just above his left eyebrow. He ended up needing 8 stitches....1 is kind of inside holding the "meat" together and then 7 are on the outside holding everything else together!! Here are a few pictures....

Sitting, waiting for the "stuff" to kick in and numb it all up. He's watching Madagascar and actually kind of having a good time at this point.
Here's a decent shot of the cut just right before it got closed up.
And here's the after, once we got home.
He did such a good job and was a very tough kid through the whole deal. The doctor was great and he kept talking to Zac the whole time he was stitching, keeping his mind off of what was actually going on. They say that he will have a pretty good scar when it's all over and also mentioned that if it bothered us we could see "Plastics" to have it fixed. Don't scars make guys look tough? I'm pretty sure we will NOT be having plastic surgery on our son's head! Plus, I think it will make him popular with the ladies....many, many years from now!!

8 comments:

The Jernigan Family said...

oh my gosh Angie, I definatly know who to call when Sage swallows a penny, gashes her head, or any other ER trip. If I would have run out and seen my baby laying on his back like that I might have ended up on mine too, and then we'd have 2 people in the ER. I hope he gets well soon, cute little smile makes it look like it is ok. And yes he is very COOL now with his scar!! Love you guys

Heidi said...

He looks like he's doing great. Tough boy there! Yes, every boy needs a scar of some sort. Ethans' is on his chin from splitting it open!

Becky Avella said...

I'm so glad he is OK. I felt sick to my stomach reading your post. : ) I'm not sure if I'm ready for this boy thing in the future. Tell Zac Aunt Becky loves him and is glad he is OK.

The scar will definitely be a cool thing someday. He can make up a great story. Ask Ben about how Papa was attacked by Injuns.

Bethany said...

Ouch!!! I'm glad he's okay!

Katy said...

Yes I think the scar is a great story idea! Of course the story might change from time to time, but still too fun! :) Glad you all survived!

Sally Jo said...

It makes my stomach tight just reading about it. I'm sure glad it wasn't on my watch (which could very well happen, as active as our little guys are). Tell Zac I love him and hope it has stopped hurting. Grandma

Sally Jo said...

Are you ever coming back to your blog?????? I miss you. Seeing you guys that little bit last Friday night was just a teaser. Oh, well. I guess I can wait till Halloween. Grandma

Sally Jo said...

I still keep checking,just in case there may be any news from the Abshires!